Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voice over Powerline (Full-duplex)

Status
Not open for further replies.

teotsky

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Im a 5th year ECE student. I am working on a project that allows voice communication over powerline (full-duplex) on a small building. Can anyone help me whats the best modem to use? I wanted to try Consumer-band BPSK 7.2 kbps PLM PICtail of MICROCHIP and MAX2990 EVKIT of MAXIM.

Thank you!

Hi teotsky,

Check the following link: https://www.yamar.com/sig60.php, it provides communication up to 115Kbps however the communication is only half duplex.
If you need more information let me know.

There are commercial duplex intercoms which use power line. Range is within same 220V feed after hi voltage power transformer. It uses around 100KHz-120KHz FM signal. Rx and Tx is some 20KHz apart. I have seen usage more than a mile apart. These were popular a decade ago. LM567 was used for Rx, Tx and call detection. I have repaired hundreds of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back