Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voice communication between microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pk2010

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need to design two microcontroller based devices, both should have microphone and speaker
and ethernet port.these devices should obtain a fixed ip address say 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2
when connecting through a lan cable, they should be able to act as a simple phone.

I don't know where to start.i have not been able to figure out what microcontroller do i need...

what i have figured out is ...i will need some microcontroller , an ethernet enc28j60 module like this

**broken link removed**

and audio codec board like https://www.mikroe.com/eng/products/view/484/audio-codec-board-proto/

then i will have to run some realtime OS and tcp stack and then my software for voice communication [i have to avoid SIP] ...software will not be a problem to write

my basic problem is ...am i going in right direction
and what capability of microcontroller do i need...please help

a couple of Microchip dsPICDEM.net boards would probably support your application
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.