Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vmodcam resolution options

Status
Not open for further replies.

yasirshah

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using Digilent Atlys board and Vmodcam in a project. Vmodcam have 1600*1200 maximum resolution. it can be used with 640*480 resolution. I want to know that what is the minimum resolution of Vmodcam. Can it be used for 300*200 resolution or 400*320 resolution?

According to the . If you read the datasheet you can see that you can crop the image to any size you want. There is also a capability to decimate (scaling) the image.

thnx for your reply......yes we can crop image but cropping will not suit in our design...... are you sure bout decimation(scaling) ? how we can achieve it? I did not find it in data sheet?

are you sure bout decimation(scaling) ? how we can achieve it? I did not find it in data sheet?

It's called sub-sampling in the datasheet in the link I provided. Look again starting at the bottom of page 17.

But if you read page 28 "Image Cropping" they don't recommend using it as you may end up with aliasing.

Perhaps this image sensor isn't what you want to use or perhaps you need a different platform with an image processor that can scale the images from this sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back