Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

vlsi for freshers - request for resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

satish23

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vlsi for freshers

I am new to the field of VLSI. What could be the starting point from where I could get into VLSI. What additional skills are required ?

Re: vlsi for freshers

Hope you would be well versed with Digital concepts. You can download some free evaluation software, Modelsim or any FPGA Synthesis tools either from Altera or Xilinx. You can start writing codes using VHDL or Verilog in any one of these tools.
let me know if you need any help on downloading these free tools.

You shoul study
Digital Integrated Circuits
by
Rabaey.
Exellent book.

Thank you very much

first of all improve ur digital concepts
then read integrated circuits from pucknell
then u can read kang
then rabey and then waste

vlsi for freshers

fisrt u make sure that in digital concepts,like combinational ckts and sequential ckts and designing of counters ,fsm etc and then start reading vlsi books like pucknel etc and try to wrie code in verilog in xilinx or any syntesis tool and verify ur synthesis codes

Do I require the Knowledge of Mathematical Modeling, Differential Equations and Simulation techniques

vlsi for freshers

Yes it wud be a plus point if u knw all these things..

Can You please give me some information on these Topics

vlsi for freshers

u shud understand perl and verilog lang !! keep practising :)

You should be strong in basics of Digital Electronics, ASIC design flow, verilog and some scripting languages....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back