Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VLSI Designer Fresher

Status
Not open for further replies.

raghuvlsi

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai iam trying for job on vlsi designer as a Fresher.
i have completed my course on cadance tools
1.Encounter 6.2 version
2.STA(synopsys)
i have intresting on place&route and timing.
i have done the projects like USB Wrapper(130nm),PCI Full Chip(180nm).
and iam familier with verilog,
Perl scripting language.

if u have any references please help me.

Re: Physical Designer Fresher

raghuvlsi said:
Hai iam trying for job on vlsi as a physical design engineer(Fresher).
i have completed my course on cadance tools
1.Encounter 6.2 version
2.STA(synopsys)
i have intresting on place&route and timing.
i have done the projects like USB Wrapper(130nm),PCI Full Chip(180nm).

if u have any references please help me.

Try Freescale semiconductor, they are looking for Physical design engineers.

and one suggestion from my side,dont say physical design fresher,try to write only vlsi design fresher with aspiration to work in Physical design as you are limiting the probability to get a job in vlsi design...(If you are adamant to get job only in Physical design then obviously things will be different)..

Best of luck for your job search,

...........Bye

thanx for reply,but every one asking experience.who will give chance to me?

raghuvlsi said:
thanx for reply,but every one asking experience.who will give chance to me?

yeah, such things happens as there is a lot of risk factor involve in hiring a fresher. The HR,manager are all answerable to top executives who ask them to increase employee retention rate. You can ask to your friends and seniors, even before joining only one thing will be in their minds that they work for few months in the present company (if company is not big) and then after learning some skills they'll switch to some other big company which offers them loads of money.So if you consider a package of 5.5lakhs per annum then no company will be ready to risk this amount until and unless its employee strength is large and such amount will not hurt them badly..
But believe me if there is any requirement generated of around 1-2 years experienced guy then their first preference will always be a fresher guy. So you have to do something (write your resume impressively) so they'll not get impression that this guy wants to work on a particular domain and if we give him a chance then he'll not stays with us for long...

"You don't get paid for the hour. You get paid for the value you bring to the hour."

Bye...

Physical Designer Fresher

"You don't get paid for the hour. You get paid for the value you bring to the hour."

Where can i find a manager like you?

E1 giving the top performance in my batch I am not allowed to take a break :(

how can i find

Thanx for reply,
How can i find such small compnies.
iam from india,Bangalore.
Do u have any idea on companies giving internship on VLSI(i think this is one of the way to work in industry) and i will get some experience.
or can you help me regarding my job.

Status
Not open for further replies.