Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Visualizing magnetic fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackthecrack

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'd like to visualize magnetic fields between magnets and charges. Fieldlines/streamlines would be ideal but e.g. vector arrows would do too.
Although a 3D model would be perfect, any advice regarding 2D approaches is appreciated as well.

Do you have any tipps on how to accomplish this? Which languages/programs should be used best? Do you know of any examples/tutorials out there?

I have basic experience in OpenGL.

Thanks a lot,
Florian

what about matlab it has the ability to plot 3D plots if u need the electric field of a charge in Matlab let me know.

Thanks for your reply, mohsin677!

I actually ended up experimenting with Matlab yesterday but didn't quite get what I wanted (which is proabably because I'm not too experienced with Matlab...).

So if you could provide some code or an M-file that would be really appreciated.

You could check out software tools from ansoft.

You can also check out some of the open source EM tools. These applications will typically allow you to draw the model in 3D, assign materials and related inputs and visualize the results. If the project you are working on is not too big this might be an ideal solution.

Cheers
Slayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back