Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Video isolator transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

garfield

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

Anyone know about video isolator transformers design.

Any help be appreciated.

Regards

Garfield

Use a differential Am

Dear friend:
You can use a differential amplifier using a matched array of transistors (eg, CA3018). With proper design you can get a CMRR better than 60db. Also you can provide high frequency response compensation, what is highly desirible in video systems.
Another advantage of the Diff Amp over the passive transform is perfect low frequency response, that you can't get from a transform.
Hope to help you,
NandoPG

Nandopg ,

Thanks for you answer!

Really I needd a passive Video Isolator , the only way is design a very
special transformer.

Actually in the market exist very efficient types of this Isolators transformers ( humbuckers ), but the problem is the high cost.

I needd this for eliminate ground loops problems.
all types that I know are passive.

Best regards

Garfield :eek:

Hi,

in my practice this problem always coming from ground-loop since the cameras contains mains-supply with security-ground, and this GND is
common with coax sceen.

Zsolt

If common-mode noise is the problem you could also get a big ferrite ring core and wind the coax a couple of times through the ring, this gives quite good suppresion of HF common-mode noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back