Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Video color or timing problem? LVDS/RGB/DVI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buenos

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I have a video output from my system which is not working very well.
There is an industrial PC motherboard with an LVDS output for TFT displays.
I have designed a converter PCB which creates a DVI output from the LVDS, and does the following:

Code:
                  LVDS                       RGB                       DVI
[chipset.on.mobo]----->[LVDS-to-RGB-FIN3386]----->[RGB-to-DVI-TFP410]------>DVI_connector

I get some strange image error on the screen which appears to happen within a video line when the pixel color changes a littlebit. The display puts an extra bright pixel at certain color level changes, if the change happens in a horizontal direction. If it changes vertically then it displays it fine, which tells taht its a problem within a video line.
See attached image.

What can cause a problem like this?

Attachments

• DSC03075.JPG
    DSC03075.JPG
    818.4 KB · Views: 114

the vertical stripe (extra bright pixel in every line) appears at the edge of two colors, not at a certain color level, so the error is always one pixel wide in a video line.

ok. i have solved it. i had to add an extra inverter in the parallel RGB clock. The DVI chip was strapped to use the right clock edge, but still it was using the wrong one ignoring the strap.

solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back