Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Via location violations

Status
Not open for further replies.

deba_fire

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everyone,

I am getting some via location errors in Orcad layout tool.I am not able to understand why these errors are coming and how to get rid of them?Someone please help.

Regards
DB

Via location error means, that you have vias at places, where they are not allowed by design rules in effect, e.g. at pads or at other vias. You should be able to detect which kind of violation exists in your layout, we can't see it. Either you placed the vias wrong or the design rules are inappropriate.

Hi FvM,
I got these errors when I was routing the GND net.In Layout window I am getting circles around the places where via location errors are there.My global spacing is 12mils as of now(default).Please see the below image below.DO I need to change via dimensions near the IC?

Attachments

• orcad.bmp
    2.8 MB · Views: 59

Sorry, I'm not familiar with Orcad Layout Plus. But I don't see vias at these places. Either they are placed on the pads or the router couldn't place vias due to inappropriate design rules, particularly for escape routing. The problem would most likely reproduce when routing signal lines. But you can try to route the connection manually do understand what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back