Not open for further replies.

def_rain

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I want to apply the "Via Fence and Guard Ring" in my PCB.

Analog Devices in its APPLICATION NOTE AN-0971 (page 9) recommends the use of a "Via Fence and Guard Ring".
Noise on the power and ground planes that reaches the edge of a circuit board can radiate. If the edge is treated with a shielding structure, the noise is reflected back into the interplane space. This can increase thevoltage noise on the planes but reduces edge radiation.

A stitching capacitor ( C163 ) between the primary and secondary side of the Digital Isolators (with isoPower inside) to reduce the Input-to-output dipole radiation.

Steck:
1 layers: TOP-GND-sign
2 layers: GND
3 layers: PWR-3.3V
4 layers: PWR-5.0V
5 layers: GND-sign
6 layers: BOT-GND

1 and 2 layers (TOP-GND-sign and PWR-3.3V)

2 layers: GND

I have a question: Is it possible to make a via fencing under the package of the chip in the insulating gap (as I do in the pictures)? Note that the narrowest point in the gap is the stitching capacitor.
I need your recommendations and criticism of my PCB, in which I applied these methods.

Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

changes:

Looks good to me.
You could move ADUM5010 to the right - away from the edge of the PCB since this is the most "noise-producing" component.
Great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…