Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] VHDL sine tone player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luis Daniel Bolaños

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,

I need some VHDL design that plays 4 tones when pressed 4 buttons. I have looked on the internet but the circuits are too complex and I don't get them. Can anyone explain me the basics or show me some easy way to do that?

Regards,

Luis

First u need to create a block which generates the required signal. Signals can be sin wave(which can be generated using lookup tables or Cordic method), ramp signal, or you can search the internet for the popular tones and their generation equation. The previous link shared by udayan92 is helpful.
Afterwards a proper testbench is needed to for testing. Do you have a board that has a built in DAC or audio codec to hear the signal?
If you have matlab, I think u can write an equation for the required signal and pass it to the speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.