Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VHDL Simulators need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y.SAI SARASWATHI

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am using Active HDL 6.1 simulator. In that I can only upto 10us but my design requires a minimum of 17 us.
Are there any simulation tools that supports supports 32us run time that are available online.
Thank you.

Are you sure? That's a very odd limitation. Are you sure its not your simulation settings?

maybe they should just type run 22 us after it stops the first time.

I suppose you are running some script which by default runs only for 10us. Change the run command in that script to enhance the run time..

I suppose you are running some script which by default runs only for 10us. Change the run command in that script to enhance the run time..

I have changed the run time but it is not responding
I have seen features of active hdl 6.1 ,they have mentioned that maximum simulation time is 10.1us.
Please tell any other tools that are available online.I need to run it soon.

I assume its some form of evaluation version, as the full version would never impose such an odd restriction.

Try a different version or the free version of modulation, our the xsim simulator that comes with vivado

This is really strange. Even evaluation versions I know of don't have such a restriction. You can download the evaluation version of any other simulator (modelsin, ncsim etc.) and try this simulation..

Maybe you could try this out. Or maybe this is where you are running you simulation already?
https://www.edaplayground.com/

Maybe you already are...Each run is limited to 60 seconds runtime and 100MB of memory. I could see that turning out to be 10.1 us of simulation. Download the webpack version of Vivado and run xsim I know for a fact it runs past 10.1 us.

Status
Not open for further replies.