Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VHDL or verilog is better to learn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TickleMonster

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vhdl book

Hi,

I'm wishing to learn VHDL, but I'm unsure which book(s) would be best. I've got a local library to source the book "VHDL Programming By Example", but after reading a number of reviews (and the first chapter), it seems to have quite a number of errors in it, which obviously isn't too good if this is what I should be learning from; despite this fact, the author does have a good teaching style. Either way, I wonder if anybody could recommend a couple of solid VHDL resources and/or books? I'm very comfortable with C/C++ but quite literally, that's as far as my knowledge goes.

Thank you.

best vhdl book

you should go to amazon.com and search for vhdl. Then choose the book which has the best rating or stars. There are many excellent books on vhdl.

You can even google using keywords best vhdl book

vhdl books

Thank you - I shall do that, although to be honest I was hoping for some personal opinions, since I'm guessing with the knowledge of people here they'd have an idea of what books would be useful.

vhdl best book

TickleMonster,

Be aware that a lot of people may recommend Ashenden's "Designer's Guide to VHDL". While it is a really good reference book to give you insight into the lower level workings of VHDL, it's really not a very good intro book.

Radix

vhdl book recommendation

The Student's Guide to VHDL by Ashenden is good one. The book by Douglus Perry is also good.

To learn the VHDL, you need to practise. Not single book can teach how to code, they just talk about the coding style. The real time you need to apply your own thoughts.

best book for vhdl

A very good book is
RTL Hardware Design Using VHDL: Coding for Efficiency, Portability, and Scalability by Pong P. Chu

it concentrates on synthesizable codes and illustrate good design practices

good vhdl books

one good book is :
Circuit Design with VHDL
Volnei A. Pedroni

good vhdl book

Hi,

You can use VHDL designs and concepts by J.Bhaskar and other one is VHDL designs by Perry.

It may help u.

Thanks..

HAK..

Added after 7 minutes:

The first one is VHDL primer by J.Bhaskar.

Thanks..

HAK..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back