Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VHDL-AMS: reference current

Status
Not open for further replies.

swordfish01

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm having a problem writing a VHDL-AMS model for a current sink. I have a working model for a sink that can be turned on / turned off. Now I want to expand that model by a reference input to make it more like a current controlled current source that can be turned off. How can I make this kind of reference input?

I tried having a terminal, defining a current through the reference terminal and a ground terminal but with this approach I would also have to provide a equation for i_ref:
Code:
library ieee;
use ieee.std_logic_1164.all;
use ieee.electrical_systems.all;

architecture vhdlams of curr_sink is
  quantity v across i through p_t to n_t;
  quantity v_ref across i through ref_t to n_t;
begin
  if enable_i = '1' use
    i == i_ref;
  else
    i == 0.0;
  end use;
end vhdlams;
Any hints how I can realize behaviour like this?
Basically I just want to "measure" the current going through two ports...

Regars,
Andreas

Edit: I forgot to say that I can get it to work by e.g. providing some "input resistance" at the reference terminal (v_ref == i_ref * 1.0;), but is there a way of having the block there without having an impedance?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back