Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VHDL 64 Point FFT using Megacore IP in Altera Quartus II 9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaydeep Parmar

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey, Can any one say how to use "sink_sop" and "sink_eop" pins in FFT Megacore IP??
Please share VHDL code to control these pins.

these refer to start of packet and end of packet. they are part of the avalon streaming protocol (they dont have to be used)

I know this information and what is use of it.
but i don't know how to set SOP and EOP to verify the code.

and please give me understanding that why they don't have to be used??

I'm not sure that you can leave out SOP and EOP (i.e. not use them) as Tricky says. I couldn't find the document for the older version of the core you seem to be using, but the current version of the FFT user guide (page 3-19, Table 3-8) indicates that an error condition is detected if they are not used and you start streaming input data with a sink_valid. It also mentions if you don't follow the SOP/EOP protocol then an error occurs and the behavior is undefined.

According to the document set SOP high for one clock at the start of the data indicated by VALID and set EOP high for one clock on the last data of a block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back