Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

very new to microcontroller... Need lot of help

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceboy101

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
#separate 16f84 programming c

hi...

i'm very new to microcontoller... Right now i have a µC which is a ATMEL AT89C52. my questions are..

1. How to program this µC.
2. Does it need any framework ??
3. Where i can find the diagram of the programmer board ?

Thanks in advance...

aduc832 help

iceboy101 said:
hi...

i'm very new to microcontoller... Right now i have a µC which is a ATMEL AT89C52. my questions are..

Thanks in advance...

Hi,
For AT89C52 you need a programmer,i mean the hardware.
Try ADuC832 sort of microcontrollers(or search for ISP programmable microcontrollers)..Architecturewise there is no big difference-same 8052 core architecture.You will only need a cable(RS232 serial) and a software(free) to download the program.
Easy and fast..!!!

Regards,
Sharon

Thanks for the reply .. u told about ADuC832.. but i dont' have that kind of money or in a position to buy one. I want to build one. I've found some diagram in AT89SXX series which can be easily programmed directly using PC serial/parallel port.

Is their anything like that in the AT89C52 ???

and another question is. Where i can find a good ebook for programming for µC in (C/C++) ??

Thanks..

iceboy101 said:
Thanks for the reply .. u told about ADuC832.. but i dont' have that kind of money or in a position to buy one. I want to build one. I've found some diagram in AT89SXX series which can be easily programmed directly using PC serial/parallel port.

Is their anything like that in the AT89C52 ???

and another question is. Where i can find a good ebook for programming for µC in (C/C++) ??

Thanks..
Hi,
There are a lot of ISP programmable microntrollers from Atmel.
Try browse atmel website.If it is ISP programmable you can use it.
You will see microcontroller with different memory size , no. of pins...etc.
But the core architecture is same..
Just go thru the datasheet..

Ciao,
Sharon

instead of 89s52 go for P89v51rd2 so you wont require a separate programmer you can download the code directly using MAX232

Re: very new to microcontroller... Need lot of help from Ami

Hi,
Please help me. I brought pickit 2. I build separate connector for program 16F84A. It doesnt work. Computer show "voltage level error"
I didn't use RC for clock.
Amil

Hi Amil,
For pic 16f84A, connect the pickit2 connections in the following way:
Pin 1 to pin 4 of ucontroller
Pin 2 to pin 14 of controller
pin 3 to pin 5 of controller
pin 4 to pin 13 of controller
pin 5 to pin 12 of controller
Oscillator is not required here. You just connect the Pickit 2 with the above mentioned pins of pic16f84 and program with software. It will suffice. Thanks.

iceboy101 said:
hi...

Thanks in advance...
Instead of 89C52, you could use 89S52, which is ISP programmable(ISP Programmer is just some 4 wires connected from parallel port of PC to mcu through buffer).
I have published some interfacing tutorials at

**broken link removed**

At the end of the page, I have linked to another page, which describes how to set up your home lab for microcontrollers, with snapshots illustrating KEIL IDE, ISP programmer and link for ISP programmer circuit.
Enjoy learning microcontrollers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.