Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Verilog HDL - Project Oriented Website Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdogguru

Administrator
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please post your recommendations or critiques of projects sites concerning Verilog HDL.

VHDL projects seem to far out number Verilog projects, so I'm always on the lookout for any online Verilog resources.

One recommendation is the following site:

FPGA4FUN Projects

The site has 23 projects with source, all Verilog code. The projects range from Text and Graphic LCDs to the more advanced Digital Oscilloscope. The projects also includes several interfaces from I2C to PCI. Each project is accompanied by a fairly indepth discussion and tutorial.

Please post your recommendations here and share the resources.

Informative video on How-To setup a Verilog project in Xilinx's ISE:

[video]http://youtu.be/W1NZ01EEXvc[/video]

Forrest Heller's Implementation of SHA1 in Verilog on an Altera DE2

Forrest Heller --

SHA1 is a cryptographically secure hash function in widespread use. It takes data (commonly known as the "message") and produces a 40-byte hash ("digest") that is unique to every message. You can know a hash for a given message, but you can't know a message for a given hash--it takes too much computing power.

A very nice implementation and development discussion, worth checking out.

This is an example of a front panel interface for a digital audio recorder using a Xilinx XC9572XL CPLD interfaced with an Atmel AVR32AP7001 with the NGW100 Eval Kit.

**broken link removed**

Everyone working on a video application using an FPGA seems to start with Pong, so why should I be any different? I put together this Pong demo as an exercise to help get more familiar with Verilog, and gain some experience working with the Xilinx tools and the Spartan 3A FPGA starter kit. It was very slow going at first, but things are slowly beginning to make sense to me now. And hey, I’ve got Pong!!

FPGA Pong in Verilog

The pong game consists of a ball bouncing on a screen. A paddle (controlled from a mouse here) enables the user to make the ball bounce back up.

We use a Pluto Altera FPGA board, although any other FPGA developement board would work.

Pong Game in Verilog on Altera

Status
Not open for further replies.