Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

vehicle traking using gps and gprs

Status
Not open for further replies.

romana naseer

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
iam doing this as a final year project .iam confuse because this is alredy avalible in market .. plz kindley tell me obout its scope .plz tell me what know imendment i have to do in this project to make it more valueable.
thanks i will be thank ful to u for this act of kindness

iam confuse because this is alredy avalible in market
You are confused because it is already available in market...!!!!! Remember you are not making a commercial product, you are doing your final year project to learn new things and difficulties involved in the project. I would recommend you to do that and add all the features that can be found in modern vehicle tracker. I does not matter at this level that you are making a device that has already been made. what matters is that you need to know exactly how is it made.

aoa
kindly tell me how to configure gprs/gsm ... actually i have extract latitude & longitude ,now i will send these to gsm so kindly give me way how to solve this problem

how to configure gprs/gsm
Well it depends what gsm modem are you using. Most of the modems have AT commands by which you can configure them and command them to do whatever you want. (assuming that you are talking about the software)

i have extract latitude & longitude ,now i will send these to gsm so kindly give me way how to solve this problem
Now there can be two ways to send this lat,long information to the server. One simple way is to embed this information in the text message and send it as sms to the server or maybe your own mobile.
Other way is to use gprs. You can send the information to your server by connecting to it through gprs. Its upto u which way you like.

iam using sim900D,WHICH HAS BUILT IN tcp/ip stack....plz tell me how to use these comands in atmega128?
we are sending data to server by connecting it to server... we show the location of the vehicle on google mapbut problem is that i don't have idea how all these things are working:cry:

iam using sim900D,WHICH HAS BUILT IN tcp/ip stack....plz tell me how to use these comands in atmega128?
So the first question that i would ask you, Did you consulted the AT commands manual for SIM900D ? It's all explained in it.

we are sending data to server by connecting it to server
Now you sound like you are sending data through gprs by using TCP/IP stack. Here's a link which explains AT commands to send data through GPRS.
**broken link removed**

Actually we have to send the AT commands in AVR studio because we are using AVR Atmega128...Kindly help us out because we have an idea of sending AT commands in hyper terminal but facing problems in sending commands in programming..

Secondly, can you kindly give an idea that how to upload a Google map on an application in visual basic..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back