Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

vehicle tracking system

Status
Not open for further replies.

narithota

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am doing vehicle tracking system.For this project iam planning to use GSM(MC37i) & GPS (ET318XC) Modules.

Can any body gives the information how to interface these modules with micro controller.

Regards

nari

use 8 bit controller, use relay to switch between GSM and GPS. read gps data and send it through GSM. If you use controller with 2 UARts then you can connect it to indicidual UARTs and use it. Both of them use serial communication to interface..

this project is readily available in 8052.com website

Hi

thanks for the reply

i did get the project related to the GSM/GPS project

Please send me the links regarding the how to interface GSM/GPS modules with uC

Regards

nari

As told earlier, its simple serial communication. there are many threads in this forum, if you search you will get your solution, i have already answered in many threads along with circuit diagram and code. and PCB layout.

Hi

GSM(MC37i) is the GSM module with out TCP/IP protocol.

My application is only find the position of the object & send the SMS to the user.For this application TCP/IP is required or
not .

Regards
naresh

From where did TCp requirements come now.. I think you dont know requirements of the project at all......

Expecting people here to do your home work right from requirements.

I dont know when everything is given, what is the problem you are facing... I hope you know how to search in the forum....

First search and then come back with your doubts rather than incomplete details of your requirement..

very recently i posted the complete project of your requirement.

what are parameters to consider while choosing the GSM module

Hi

I have seen data sheet GSM modules.Some modules having TCP/IP stack & some modules not having TCP/IP stack.
Actually i am new to wire less technology.

Please suggest what are parameters I have to consider while choosing the GSM modules.In the NET i have seen MC37i,MC35i,SIM340,SIMCOM508 GSM modules.

Thank you.

Regards

Naresh

Regards

Dont get confused with TCP/IP.. It will be used when you need GPRS setup.

Right now your requirements do not need it. so any GSM modem will do the work for you. just dont bother about TCP/IP. download AT commands from net, as i am unable to attach it. try to play with GSM modem in hyperterminal. you will get some idea who it works and how AT commands work.

then Interface GPS to hyperterminal with proper baud rate settings and see if GPS data is coming on the terminal window. once you do this come back for further help..

in case you dont get any output you may post it here.

Thank you

cool answer

Presently i am searching for hardware ,if any doubt i will come back to you.

regards

nari

I recommend you: sim548/508. It contains GSM and GPS in one chip. In my country it isn't cheep but it's unreliable.
UART communication (GPS tx rx and GSM tx rx)

I'm doing tracking device on atmega664p (2xuart).

Status
Not open for further replies.