Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

vco charactrization - pss and pnoise analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

anil.p

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pstb mmsim

dear friends,

I Am designing differential cell ring oscillator. but i dont know about pss and pnoise analysis. i mean exactly what we can get from that simulations? and how to predict the result which i got is correct one or better one? can anybody give me solution to my problem

vco charactrization

see the following:

spectre -h pss
spectre -h pnoise
.../MMSIM/doc/spectreRF
.../MMSIM/doc/spectreRFTheory
.../MMSIM/doc/spectreRFvol2

vco charactrization

thanks for your valuble information.

but i need some more clarification on that.

why i am going for pss analysis

Re: vco charactrization

PSS stands for periodic steady state. The VCOs fall under the category of Cyclostationary circuits whose properties are maintained from cycle to cycle. In these circuits PSS sim computes the operating point accurately after which the other analyses can be done.., viz noise -> pnoise, ac -> pac, stb -> pstb, etc. A non-converging PSS can indicate unsustainable oscillations. The spectral purity of the oscillator is accurately obtained with PSS which can be tricky to find out without it.
Hope this helps

vco charactrization

dear friends,

can u explian significance of the below uploaded pss graph what we can concluded from this graph

Status
Not open for further replies.