Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Variant-aware Orcad Capture TCL PDF generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelasse

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I hacked and customized the PDF-generating TCL-script (generates the PDF with 1 click, does not output / annotate empty properties and filters out everything I don't want).
However: the product I am designing uses 3 PCBs, each of which exists in 5 variants. I have 3 capture projects (can this be made into some hierarchy / mother-project without screwing up the netlist creation?).

What would really make my day is a PDF-generating script that can output all variants as separate PDFs in 1 go.
The script in its current form is not aware of variants. Variant view-mode is ignored.

Anyone managed to do this? Ideas?

Regards,
Lasse

EDIT:
I did not verify the behaviour properly. The script actually uses the selected variant but the little window with the "Launch"-button needs to be closed before changing variants it seems.
I´ll post when I have a working solution that iterates all the variants. Sorry about posting prematurely.

Last edited:

Hi,
I hacked and customized the PDF-generating TCL-script (generates the PDF with 1 click, does not output / annotate empty properties and filters out everything I don't want).
However: the product I am designing uses 3 PCBs, each of which exists in 5 variants. I have 3 capture projects (can this be made into some hierarchy / mother-project without screwing up the netlist creation?).

What would really make my day is a PDF-generating script that can output all variants as separate PDFs in 1 go.
The script in its current form is not aware of variants. Variant view-mode is ignored.

Anyone managed to do this? Ideas?

Regards,
Lasse

EDIT:
I did not verify the behaviour properly. The script actually uses the selected variant but the little window with the "Launch"-button needs to be closed before changing variants it seems.
I´ll post when I have a working solution that iterates all the variants. Sorry about posting prematurely.

Hello,
Could you share this TCL, please.
I`m very interesting TCL scripts for Cadence...
Does anyone can share useful link with TCL-files for Cadence/OrCAD, please?

What you want to accomplish with TCL scripts in OrCAD?

For example,
Replace path in design cash.
TCL provided with OrCAD not work, and hangs OrCAD.
Sometimes work - but delete symbols from page.... Really crazy thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back