Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Variable termination for s-parameter simulation - ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

greygoo2012

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What does the termination impedance in the s-parameter simulation in ADS indicate? If want to estimate the s-parameters of the block when it is connected to a certain impedance Z1, should I be setting my termination impedance as Z1? Can I set this termination impedance to be frequency varying?

Thank you

Answer to your first question:
The termination impedance in the ADS software indicate that your block is connected to a termination/ load which has 50 ohm impedance (In ideal world for most applications you expect to see a 50 ohm impedance, that's the reason by default the termination value has been set to 50 ohms)

Answer to your second question:
Could you please provide some more information on the term block. By the term block do you refer to a block where you already have the measured s-parameters of your block and now you want to evaluate the performance of this block for different termination impedances?

I have a two port network whose S-parameters I want to estimate. One of the ports is connected to a constant impedance (so I use the "Term" termination impedance block in ADS). The other port is connected to a frequency varying impedance. I have a text file with the impedance values at different frequency. I want to use this impedance as the termination impedance at the other port, and then evaluate the s-parameters. Would this be possible to do? How do I import values from a text file and use it in my simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.