Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Variable frequency ring oscillator design

Status
Not open for further replies.

viperpaki007

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am designing a ring oscillator whose output frequency is not sensitive to process and supply voltage variations. In order to do this i made the following current controlled ring oscillator. However, changing the bias current does not change the oscillation frequency of ring oscillator due to some reason. Can somebody tell how can i control the oscillation frequency from outside the chip so that i can adjust the frequency to compensate the supply and process variations.

regards

Did you ever inspect the ring oscillator waveforms to understand how the current control works? There might be an unwanted voltage swing at the inner supply nodes. A standard VCO technology uses differential stages, and if I remember right, voltage rather than current control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back