Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Variable focal length as a solution of eye strain

Status
Not open for further replies.

rednewguy

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
variable focal length

i have an idea!

the problem of eye strain is due to continuous gazing at a fixed point (say computer screen). the point at the which the electrons emitted from the gun is fixed. if i keep it changing continuously, the focus point of the eye lens varies and the strain reduces.
the problem here is the screen, which has the flourescent material at the back is fixed, if i vary the electron speed, i have to change the distance of the screen accordingly. how is it possible. is there any other way. suggest.

thanks

Re: variable focal length

first of all the computer screen is not a "Fixed Point".
in CRTs, the electron beam is made to cover the entire screen with raster motion.
what is the use if u change the point at which the electrons emitted from the gun. can u expalin your idea more clearly?

Re: variable focal length

Hi,
The starin is not only that the focal length is fixed . But it is also that it is within the minimal limit say 30cm for an average man.
Secondly the Gamma or brightness of the monitor is an issue.
If it matches with the ambience light then there is a strain in the eye because of foreground mixing with background.
IT SHOULD BE SLIGHTLY GREATER THAN THE AMBIANCE FOR LIGHTER STRAIN...

rednewguy

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back