Status
Not open for further replies.

rahul16389

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to make a electronically scanned leaky wave antenna. For this i have been planning to use a varactor diode. But how i ll get the simulate results in HFSS i.e how to place a varactor diode on HFSS

I believe in this case, the easiest method is to simulate your antenna in HFSS, export the S-parameters to a circuit simulator, and simulate the circuit with a varactor in a circuit simulator like ADS. Once the S-params are exported, you can treat your antenna like a black box lumped element.

I want to make a electronically scanned leaky wave antenna. For this i have been planning to use a varactor diode. But how i ll get the simulate results in HFSS i.e how to place a varactor diode on HFSS

Hi rahul16389,

I don't think it's possible to implement the varactor, but you can insert a lumped capacitive surface (as a "LumpedRLC" boundary condition) and assign it a variable C which itself is a function of some specified variable V. You can then sweep V and observe the system response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…