[uwb antenna] what parameters should we think of ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

woshifanka

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all :
i have seen some papers of uwb antennas , different from the traditional antennas . when they research a uwb antenna,
they get the S11 or VSWR , the pattern , and group delay and phase character , are there more parameters we should think of ?
best
kaka

Check the field distribution of the antenna. Dynamic field distributions that can help identify undesired radiations and reflections sources and near-field distributions. This information is particularly useful in applications where the distance between radios is unknown.
Also verify the polarization response of the antenna (linear, circular and cross-polarization).

Dear vfone :
thanks for your reply .
best
kaka

depend on your application, in ultra-wide band, the pattern and phase is mostly the points you must check. And in relative narrow band (still UWB) , VSWR you must check too because it is more like the traditional antenna.

razor1978 said:
depend on your application, in ultra-wide band, the pattern and phase is mostly the points you must check. And in relative narrow band (still UWB) , VSWR you must check too because it is more like the traditional antenna.
Dear razor
thanks for your advice.
regards
kaka

HI ..
THERE IS A LOT OF PARAMETERS THAT HAVE TO BE CONSEDIERD WHEN DESIGNING OR IMPLEMENTING AN ANTENNA:
* SPILL-OVER FACTOR.
*ANTENNA EFFECIENCY FACTOR.
*DIRECTIONAL GAIN.
* TRANSMITION IMPEDANCE

mohammad.r said:
HI ..
THERE IS A LOT OF PARAMETERS THAT HAVE TO BE CONSEDIERD WHEN DESIGNING OR IMPLEMENTING AN ANTENNA:
* SPILL-OVER FACTOR.
*ANTENNA EFFECIENCY FACTOR.
*DIRECTIONAL GAIN.
* TRANSMITION IMPEDANCE

Dear mohammad.r:
thanks for your advices.
but i have one question: can you explain the "spill-over factor " , since i do not know it .
Thanks again .
kaka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…