Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UWB and distance measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMCC

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
uwb distance measurement

Hi ALL,

I'm an hardware engineer from the digital world. I recently started working in UWB systems for distance measurements.

Can you please help me to understand some basic concepts?

1- Do you know any (preferably free) good places to start understand UWB (specially the front-end electronics and antennas).

2- For performing Time of Arrival measurements what kind of setup is required? (Can you point me out circuit examples?)

3- And for Angle of Arrival measurements? (Where can I find some examples?)

We are looking at 2.5 GHz and 6Ghz bands.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Best Regards to all

AMCC

AMCC

this is a very interesting field.

To start working on it, read the very good book:
http://gigapedia.com/items/224465/u...cal-limits--ranging-algorithms--and-protocols
(to download it you have to register in gigapedia)

Will you stay in 802.15.4a or you are looking at a propietary solution?

It seems strange that (but I can be wrong) you are relating front end to algo for Time/angle of arrival; could you explain why?

Nowdays the common feeling about front-end is an analog carrier based approach, a direct conversion in RX and analog pulse shaper with upconversion in TX.

BR

Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back