Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Utility to change notebook battery charge IC register ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

night cat

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Who knows is there any PC utility (DOS or Windows) which can change or program the notebook battery charge IC (BQ2040 of TI) register (on EEPROM also inside the battery) via the SMbus (SMBbus) ?

My notebook battery always report wrong battery status which cause my notebook shutdown even in MSDOS after few minutes after the AC power removed.

I sent back to the vendor, they want me buy a new battery (very expensive, about 1/3 notebook price - crazy !).

But when I remove the battery to test it with the loading find the battery cells are all okay, I think the problem is due to th charge IC or maybe the BIOS.

I also disable the SMbus by un-contact their pins then plug to he notebook, it work well by lasting more then two hours so that the problem is very clear: not the battery cells !

Any one can help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back