Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using using an ohmmeter in dc motors and generators

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjo

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In my book it says, "use an ohmmeter for testing for open and shorted (internally and externally) field coils". What do they mean by internally and externally?

In my book it says, "use an ohmmeter for testing for open and shorted (internally and externally) field coils". What do they mean by internally and externally?

For me, as far as coils go, internally means within the winding, something like neighbouring turns or layers, whereas externally means something that shortens the coil from outside, not the coil itself …
:wink:
IanP

Reactions: DrWhoF

DrWhoF

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
For me, as far as coils go, internally means within the winding, something like neighbouring turns or layers, whereas externally means something that shortens the coil from outside, not the coil itself …
:wink:
IanP

Thanks, I get it, now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back