Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Using Synopsys SAED 32/28nm Spice Model (HSPICE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnanar

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm trying to use Synopsys 32/28nm Interoperable PDK. There is an HSPICE MOS definition in it (n105/p105) and I'm trying to use it.
So, as in the documentation, I'm doing:

Code:
*** test***
.lib '/.../SAED32_28_iPDK/hspice/saed32nm.lib' TT *line given in the doc (changed the path)...

.tran 0.01n 10n
.param vdd=1.05

Vdd    dd     0       DC      vdd 
Vclk    clk     0       DC      0       pulse 0 vdd 0 0.1n 0.1n 5.5n 11n 

Mn clk dd 0 0 n105
Mp clk dd dd dd p105

.end

But I get as output:

Code:
 **error** model name n105 in the element     0:mn
 is not defined.

I probably misincluded the library but I can't figure out how to properly include it.
Anyone know how please?

Thanks.

Code:
*** test***
.lib '/.../SAED32_28_iPDK/hspice/saed32nm.lib' TT *line given in the doc (changed the path)...

I probably misincluded the library but I can't figure out how to properly include it.
Anyone know how please?

I think /.../ is not the begin of a correct path description, not even for a relative path, ../ or ../../ would be.

Use the full path name or a correct relative one.

Hi
Search your model to see they define the same transistor name as your circuit (n105, p105). If it does let try copy your saed32nm.lib to your local working directory and do

.lib 'saed32nm.lib' TT to see if it works

or

.include 'saed32nm.lib' TT

Hi,

Actually the problem was that in the library the transistors are defined as subckt not mosfet model...
So I add to do something like:

Xm clk dd 0 0 n105 w=.. l=.. m=..

Status
Not open for further replies.