Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using Sound Card as acoustic analyzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

benri22

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
soundcard input protection

Dear all,

Recently, I am working the project which is using PC sound card as audio analyzer to display the curve of frequency respond, and other data.

Here is my plan:

Hardware: the interface board contains amplifiers between a speaker, microphone and PC sound card.

Software: Visual C++ or Visual Basic 6.0

Can anyone help me and give me advise?

Thank you.

spectralab audio analyzer

Hi, guy

I decide to use VB as major platform to be the window interface, and call wimmm dll to control the sound card.

The great referece I found in the website. If you guys are interested on this topic, here it's

https://www.dazyweblabs.com/index.html

benri22

acoustic analyzer

sound card have not input protection and easy effect by pc other part.I think it is not good idea for instruction.

using spectralab for acoustic measurements

Look this:
https://www.rightmark.org/

Russian site:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

spectrum analyzer soundcard vba

Try using Cool Edit.It enables one to see signals both in time- and frequency- domain.
Audio-in suffers the following limitations:
-limited bandwidth.If you want to measure 5th order distortion of 20kHz signal,you need sample rate over 200kHz.
-no DC signals can pass through the input capacitors.

data aquisition using sound card visual c++

What I thinking is that using the Labview to do your project. Is it Possible?

Labview can build the nice interface and the controls are ready for both the sound card.

bcit

sound calibrate+true rta

You can use Soundtechnology SpectraLAB and also, LF SPECTRUM ANALYSER with source.

sound card, voltmeter, matlab

I don't have enough points to download it. it's very bad.

Anyway, thank you for the tip.

Benri22

/ Warning #2 - Stop making useless posts!

- ME

dc measure via soundcard

What about measurement precision?

measuring amplifiers with pc soundcard

Hi!!!

Accuracy is always a problem by measurements via soundcard, because there is no reference!
In TrueRTA you can make a calibration with an AC voltmeter for the voltage level, for the frequnecy response there is a selftest utility with a sweep test for calibtrating the soundcard signal path.

Halabat.

ac voltmeter sound card

Is a great idea...

Today computers sound cards has really powerfull DSPs that has a goods samples bitrates with a great resolution and enough accuracy for major aplications even has from 2 to 7 out channels for analog control projects.

The really important is the interface design, you should be sure that whatever you connect in the input of you Sound Card won't put in risk your sound card and your PC.

Labview from National Instrument is a good idea but if you really want to develop your Acoustic Analizer from the begining i recommend use MATLAB (Data acquisition toolbox, DSP toolbox) and MATLAB Compiler for C++ programmers.

Sorry for my english...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back