Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using Rabbit processor in design

Status
Not open for further replies.

devendra_devgupta

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends

Can any body tell me howz rabbit processor considered for a new design. If it has some dwawbacks plz tell me.

Regards

rabbit lcd keyboard

I Allready used it uC, and I didn't like so much.
It's not so fast like others. The only advantage is the amount of UART's ( 4 ), but if you use a Cypress PSoC uC, you can acchieve it.

Remember it's just an 8bit uC.

+++

french rabbit processor

Rabbit4000 is one of the best processor. Good news is the software that comes with a devt board containing this processor has a bunch of ready to run source code.
You can implement ethernet, more serial ports, etc. it's capable of performing complex mathematical operations ie fft

german rabbit processors

How much MIPS it 4000 acchieve ?

Rabbit processor

Thanks friends its good to hear that its a good processor but i am embressed of having its slow speed. any ways i am using rabbit 2000 in my project with dynamic c compiler. i have lots of questions on its programming because of its poor doccumentation please help me. i will soon start asking questions here

Re: Rabbit processor

look here **broken link removed**

devendra_devgupta said:
Thanks friends its good to hear that its a good processor but i am embressed of having its slow speed. any ways i am using rabbit 2000 in my project with dynamic c compiler. i have lots of questions on its programming because of its poor doccumentation please help me. i will soon start asking questions here

Rabbit 2000 processor is already abit out dated already. 4000 series still very early to use also cause lots of library for Dynamic C haven't update for 4000 series. The best is to use 3000 series.

If you are looking for help with particular core module, you should consult with the particular core module's user manual. You also can find most of the core module's example under Dynamic C Install\Samples.

Happy Coding
nlksg

Rabbit processor

Thanx nlksg
I will keep your suggestion in mind. Can you tell me the difference between these two series 2000 and 3000. Thanx in advance

devendra_devgupta said:
Thanx nlksg
I will keep your suggestion in mind. Can you tell me the difference between these two series 2000 and 3000. Thanx in advance

Hi there,

Please go to http://www.rabbit.com/products/rab30_rab20_comp.shtml to see the features comparison between 4000/3000/2000 processors.

Regards,
nlksg

Rabbit processor

hello every one
here is my first question. I have completed handling ports line by this way i am able to connect LCD, keyboard, I/Os, relay (Very simple programming)

Now i want to use each and every available periferal supported by rabbit. first of all i wish to use timers.

As given in the doccument there are two timers A and B with A having 5 subtimers. But the doccument does not support how to program timer interrupt and their vector locations please help me in this regard

Thanx

devendra_devgupta said:
hello every one
here is my first question. I have completed handling ports line by this way i am able to connect LCD, keyboard, I/Os, relay (Very simple programming)

Now i want to use each and every available periferal supported by rabbit. first of all i wish to use timers.

As given in the doccument there are two timers A and B with A having 5 subtimers. But the doccument does not support how to program timer interrupt and their vector locations please help me in this regard

Thanx

What RCM module you are using? You can read detail info about timer in the processor user manual. eg. following is for Rabbit 3000 processor.
http://www.rabbit.com/documentation/docs/manuals/Rabbit3000/UsersManual/11timers.htm#945582

Go to rabbit website >> Support >> Documentation and look for your RCM and processor documents..

regards
NLKSG

Status
Not open for further replies.