Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using L6699 with 3-phase AC-line

Status
Not open for further replies.

tictac

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The L6699 incorporates a high voltage floating structure able to withstand more than 600 V with a synchronous-driven
high voltage DMOS that replaces the external fast-recovery bootstrap diode.

How can I use L6699 with 3-phase AC line? is there any IC like L6699 that works with 3-phase input line?

Regards
Hamed

Your requirements are too thin.

What controls? Power levels? Smart sensors? Safety circuits? PFC? etc etc.

Always start with a detailed design spec.

Total power=5 kw
topology= Half-bridge Resonance(LLC)
Isolated Output == 30v DC - 160A
Input Line=Three phase (380v)

As I see at the datasheet of L6699 , pin14(OUT) of L6699 should connect directly to the midpoint of half-bridge and the ground of l6699 and the ground of line(3phase) is common.
I want to know how can I isolate them?
Can I use L6699 with input line( 3phase ) ?
Can I connect the mid-point of half-bridge to pin14 of l6699 with one sampling voltage transformer?

Regards
Hamed

- - - Updated - - -

There is one sample for LLC with l6699(12v-150w)

https://www.st.com/web/en/resource/technical/document/application_note/DM00044789.pdf

Pin 14 has to be physically connected to the top Mosfet's source pin. Otherwise the bootstrap capacitor's charge would not be refreshed.

If you want to use such a driver for a 3 phase application, you can Wye-connect three individual single phase circuits. You would have still to design an additional current balancing circuit, such that all three phases share the load current equally.

Reactions: tictac

tictac

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
If you want to use such a driver for a 3 phase application, you can Wye-connect three individual single phase circuit
Can you describe it more,please?

Pin 14 has to be physically connected to the top Mosfet's source pin. Otherwise the bootstrap capacitor's charge would not be refreshed.
Does the bootstrap capacitor charge through sampling voltage transformer?Whats the difference between transformer and transformer for charging the bootstrap capacitor?

Please google the term "Bootstrap Circuit" for a thorough explanation.

Reactions: tictac

tictac

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi
I found one digitally controlled llc resonance circuit with fully documentation and source code.
This reference design is implemented using a single dsPIC33F “GS” digital-power DSCs from Microchip that provides the full digital control of the power conversion and system management functions. There is a good schematic for designing this smps. As you see in the schematic , the ground of the controller circuit is isolated from power section and with some changes ,We can rectify 3phase AC line and use it in the primary of our resonance llc circuit.I think with this model of circuit and some improvement on it ,we can get very high output power like 10 KW .
Can you give me your idea and opinion about this circuit ,or another way for creating LLC resonance circuit for high power,please?
Regards

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.microchip.com/DevelopmentTools/ProductDetails.aspx?PartNO=DC/DC-LLC-Resonant-Converter

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.