Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using jigdo to download debian linux on windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfheart_2001

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have downloaded jiddo-lite to download debian linux on my windows...i extracted the files in a new folder on the c: drive....i also downloaded the .jigdo and .template files of the first debian cd in other folder...then i started the jigdo-lite.bat with the .jigdo file name i just downloaded as the parameter....it all starts fine but it come to a point asking for the mirror so i just tried to use the default by pressing enter but error message appears....i just wanna know all what i have did is right or not? i also want to know where am i supposed to save the .template file? what does the mirror means and to which place i should point if my country is not listed in the list?

Hello,

you do not need download the templates, jigdo do it for you., but you can do it. The mirror is just the nearest server to your location. It must work. I got it work even at my work (whit a http proxy).

TaPa

Status
Not open for further replies.