Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using HID ProxPro reader for an Asset System (via USB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie_Boy

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hid proxpro reader usb

Our Security folks at the site use a HID system for access control. I got a spare ProxPro reader (Model 5352) from them to use for an Asset Management System. The idea is to have a user scan his badge and I can tell who the user is. Then I will pop up a window for him to checkout an asset.

A tech converted the ProxPro reader to USB from Serial (computers do not have serial ports). My computer cannot find a usb to serial driver, can anyone recommend one? Secondly, the reader converts the binary card data to the Wiegand Protocol, what is that? Is this just a string with site and personnel IDs that I can parse out and match to the IDs in the security system?

I would appreciate any inputs, especially from anyone who have used these readers for similar purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back