Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using a hard disk instead of the cd drive in a car stereo !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hassenman

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have lots of damaged cd drives of car stereo (mp3s and audios), so i thought it would be great if i can replace the cd drive with a hard drive where i can put the files , so my question is : is there anyway to emulate a cd drive and make the stereo think his cd drive is working pretty fine , and then how can i provide him with the audio stream the cd used to deliver ??? any circuit , any suggestion ? whats the problem i would encounter if i decide to go ahead and try to realize such a project ?
Regards

You can do it.
But Hard Disk suffer damage because the vibrations and it will be worst.

A Better way is to conect a ipod, or MP3 or MP4 with a lot of memory, they don't get damaged for vibration.

Re: using a hard disk instead of the cd drive in a car stere

ok , all i want is to navigate through the car stereo , not from the mp3 player or the ipod , so is it possible for ecample to get the files from an usb flash disk !!!
i just want the files to be read from the usb drive then the car stereo complete the rest of the work like it used to do with the cd drive , is that possible , any other ideas?

not conventional hard disk , but those designed for laptops . Laptop's hard disks withstand much more vibration than conventional and i think these are suitable to use in cars .

i thnik it cost more when you use a hardisk...........
and it is very sensitive, coz it for indoor use only

If you are going to innstall a harddisk into your car make sure you install it lying on it's side because then in dumps the write heads will just shake up and down and not scratch the surface as it will do if you install it "normal".

I have been driving aroung on bad roads all winter with my carputer and I have not had any problems with my disk, Quatum fireball 15GB.

I think you can use a Flash memory with player and connet the output of the flash to the in of you radio car or your cd car

its great.........
but we are all talking about the vibration of the car.....if we could solve this problem.................or ignore it........what are the circuits connected to the hard disk to convert the digital signals from the hard disk to audiable.......also how to obtain these digital signals from the hard disk.........

if any one knows i would be happy to give us the circuit diagram with explaination.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back