Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

useing a smart card instead of an eeprom chip for dataloging

Status
Not open for further replies.

expelleior

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to use a smart card for storing data from a microcontroller. The card I had in mind is simply a plastic card with an eeprom chip embedded so I dont know if that is actually a 'smart card'. I imagine that you connect the card socket/holder to the microcontroller and read and write to it just as you would an eeprom chip. My first problem with this experiment is getting hold of cards that only have an embedded eeprom chip. The only supplier I have found so far will only accept orders of several hundred cards. If I wanted to use a card with a microchip embedded, well you can get them anywhere and just buy one if thats all you want!! I dont know but I think it is a lot more complex to read and write to these cards that have microchips in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back