Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Use system generator to generate peripheral for EDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix_YL

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
system generator edk

hi all

I use system generator to generate HDL Netlist then use "Create and Import peripheral wizard" in XPS (EDK) to generate peripheral .

select "Import existing peripheral "
1.To an XPS project
2.Enter Name and Version
3.Indicate the Type of file …(I check"HDL Source Files"and"Netlist File"
4.HDL Source Files (I checked "Use an XST project file(*.prj))
……
but step 7 "SOPB:parameter" I meet a big problem I can't determine
base address and high address for my (system gen proj )which want to be peripheral

my questions is how to add base address and high address for my proj if it want to be used as peripherl for EDK
thanks in advance

create peripheral edk

I haven't used system generator to generate a peripheral for EDK before.

Try this method

Create a new peripheral in EDK.
Specify software registers,extra address lines, FIFO, interrupt, JTAG debug and a few others (Use the wizard). you can decide how you want to communicate to the peripheral but I usually use control registers.
This will produce opb_<name of peripheral>.vhd and user_logic.vhd. MPD will specify the parameters for the OPB bus, input and outputs for your component. You should instatiate your component in the user_logic and drive the signals out to the OPB<xx>.vhd. If you want to talk to the bus use the control you have selected in the wizard. You will also need to incorporate the netlist name in the pao file for compilation.

edk system generator

you means "create template for a new peripheral" and instantiate it in template ?
I think it maybe a good idea .thank you .
but is there have another to implement it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back