Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

use one button to on/off Pic24

Status
Not open for further replies.

vuha85

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone, i have a problem with Pic24. I use a reset button to push ON/OFF Pic24fj64ga002. on my design, i connect this button with RB15 of microcontroller. how can i do for this problem? I think i should use interrupt but i can't understand what would i do,please help me?

Yes it's feasible to use an interrupt to put the uC into Sleep/ Wakeup. However if you are new to uC's then maybe the pic24xxxx *may* not be the right processor to start with.

cheers!

Hi everyone, i have a problem with Pic24. I use a reset button to push ON/OFF Pic24fj64ga002. on my design, i connect this button with RB15 of microcontroller. how can i do for this problem? I think i should use interrupt but i can't understand what would i do,please help me?

are you talking about the hardware reset of the PIC24FJ64GA002 which should look something like

RESET.jpg

or using RB15 as a digital input pin for a software reset?
if so remember RB15 is also an analogue input pin so your have to make the pins digital, e.g.
Code:
    AD1PCFGL = 0xFFFF; 			// IO pins are digital
you can poll the pin or use interrupt, see section 10.3 Input Change Notification of the data sheet
**broken link removed**

Reactions: vuha85

vuha85

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thank horace1, follow your help, i have just resolved this problem. Thank you so much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back