Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[AVR] USBasp Programmer Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankur0493

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I built a usbasp programmer using Fischel De's design. The schematic, board and pics are attached.
The programmer is not working. Windows is showing an error, "The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it".

The red LED is glowing constantly and the green LED is not glowing.

Can someone help me with a solution?

Attachments

• IMG_20140901_211405.jpg
    IMG_20140901_211405.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20140901_211430.jpg
    IMG_20140901_211430.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 88
  • File.zip
    64.3 KB · Views: 61

awww.. thats too bad.
You might actually have to think about it and try and understand it and actually debug it !!!
awwww....

It may be that there is a short circuit between tracks!!! (Very close tracks on pcb).

Burn the FUSEH and FUSEL??? ( https://www.fischl.de/usbasp/Readme.txt )

Installed Drivers???

Here works fine!!!

Yes, I did burned the fuses and the drivers are installed. I have used another usbasp before on the same computer. Also, no track is short circuit. I checked all of them using a multimeter. Any other possibility?

Remove the drivers and try install!!!

Remove the drivers and try install!!!

Won't help. The problem is replicating on another computer too.
I also forgot to mention, windows is showing the malfunction problem even when the microconntroller is not inserted.

I think that you should supply the Microcontroller who would like to use from external source of power supply
So fed only the programmer from the USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back