Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

usb to serial problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atiqkazmi

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hie awl..!!
any1 using serial port for data logging..??
im using usb2serial for data logging but problem is that my serial is not working on my laptop or any of the laptop in my ofc neithr on hyperterminal nor on docklight..!!
i ve prolific usb2 serial and BH-810 bfao usb2serial..
this usb2serial is working perfctly on my desktop pc on both terminals..!!

your language is not a problem.......

BUT IF YOU USE SMS SHORT FORMS IN THE POST NO ONE WILL NDERSTAND AND YOUR POST WILL BE DELETED.....

DONT USESHORT FORMS HERE....

INSTALL THE DRIVER IN LAPTOP PROPERLY

i have installed the driver properly.
device manager shows that the driver is installed and device is working properly.

problem is intermittent.
some times hyper terminal/ docklight works some times not.but it donot work properly and leave receiving data after some time (max 20 sec)..

You may want to check the system control manager/system/devices page for installed serial devices. Most likely, you'll notice, that on your laptop, a considerable number of serial ports is connected to modems, bluetooth serial emulations and similar. Remember the port number assigned to your serial adapter and try to access it with the correct port. In some cases, double port assignment may be an issue. Usually you can adjust the virtual com port assignment under serial adapter advanced settings, if necessary.

P.S.: Redaing your last post, conflicting port assignments may exist. You also should check for possible tuning settings for the serial adapter, e.g. latency. FTDI has it, I'm not sure with Prolific.

If all doesn't help, I suggest to try a serial adapter with FTDI chip.

Last edited:

FMV..
i have all the things that u just said.i am trying to resolve the issue for 3 days :sad:
there is nothing which i attached to the com port except serial port. and i also configure it in all aspects but it didnot work,

---------- Post added at 17:30 ---------- Previous post was at 17:15 ----------

hi ckshivaram,
i have use ur driver but unfortunately i got the same results.

any other suggestions..??
thanks..!!

what happens if you do a loop back test.... do you get delayed results with BH-810 bfao usb2serial?

can you check if you have set any delay in hyperterminal settings

You'll possibly need a software USB bus monitor e.g. bushound, to check wha'ts going on.

Or, just try another usb-to-serial chip, preferably FTDI. It's used in many branded converters.

hi ckshivaram
bfao is not installing on any pc or laptop because the cd which they provide me is unable to install the driver.

hie fvm,
i have used free serial port monitor but i m getting same results..:(

Status
Not open for further replies.