Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

usb to rs232 converter problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.Imran Ali

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
i have a magtek card reader it is not working with usb to rs232 converter .Even there DTR signal present >If any one know problem pls share it is urgent

Please give us more detail. Is the output to the computing device USB? Does it use a virtual COM port? Do you know the communication protocol? Have you tried to connect it to a serial terminal program?

Please provide us with a lot more detail. May be the end result towards the calculating device Hardware? Does it make use of a electronic Net port? What are conversation process? Perhaps you have attempted to connect it to some serialized fatal system?

some divice are not indirectly compitable with adapters/converters.better find an old/past model pc's havinh direct rs232 (db9)port with it.

I have rs232 port but i wants more no of rs232 ports . So i decided to use rs232 converter . I bought it from market and when i connect it turns on device but does not receive data on hyper terminal. And if i connect back it to rs232 port means loop back test it sends and receives data . My device uses 4 pins Tx , Rx , Ground , DTR. It works properly when connected to rs232. Or tell me any more idea to increase com ports(rs232) with out using pci Because i could not get expansion card as there is pci e x1. Port in my machine. Any idea ???????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.