Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB to RS232 converter... found

Status
Not open for further replies.
download+driver ftdi 1.0.2154.0

I need a second serial port for a project, so I went back to Fry's and bought a second USB to serial converter. They no longer had the model I bought previously. The first one I purchased was the FDTI chip set. This new one is the Prolific chip set. I downloaded a new driver install from their website. After installing and rebooting. My AVR JTAG works with either USB converter. The Prolific is running Driver Version 2.02.1. The FTDI is running a driver version of 1.0.2154.0.
Your mileage may vary, but on my Dell Laptop running XP, either device seems to work fine.

keyspan rs232 usb bestbuy

Banjo,..
Would you please post a link from where you've got these cables?

Thanks for your time sir.

ft232am india

thank you,i need book for pic

ftdi ft232am driver

I purchased these from a local discount electronics chain store. Their website is www.outpost.com. Searching their site, here is a link to some of the converters they sell.

**broken link removed**

sure electronics 19200 bluetooth converter

banjo,..

I purchased these from a local discount electronics chain store. Their website is www.outpost.com

Is this the converter you've bought sir?
http://shop1.outpost.com/{I4VMNMMNyJMwkcqBepdbPQ**.node2}/product/4475676#detailed

Thanks very much for your help.

attiny2313 232 to usb keyboard

No, that is not it. The second one I bought was this model.

**broken link removed**

This one used the Prolific chipset that others have said did not work for them. I would try to determine which chipset Radio Shack uses as you know that one did not work. This exact model is not listed on Fry's website. As a discount retailer, their stock is constantly changing depending on where they find the best deal.

ftdi rs232 to usb converter driver

Use FT232AR IC, This IC is used USB to RS232 so download the datasheet this will be healpfull for you

usb to rs232 converter

try keyspan USB converters

**broken link removed**

virtual usb to serial converter

Here is very simple 2 versions of USB->RS232

One is with AT90S2313
Second is with ATmega8

- AT90S2313: 32 byte FIFO
- ATmega8: 800 byte FIFO

Communication speed and link parameters:
- AT90S2313: from 4800 baud to 57600 baud, 8 databits, 1 stopbit
- ATmega8: from 300 baud up to 115200 baud + possibility to change databits (5,6,7,8), stopbits (1, 2), parity (none, odd, even, mark, space)

Link:
**broken link removed**

drivers conversor usb-rs232 ebay

with simple(jdm/ludipipo) pic programer will not work
this may work **broken link removed**

usb to rs232 converter for pic programmer

PL2303HX TEST ICD2 OK.

ft232 rs232 converter

It's unbelievable, I bought another one yesterday but didn't work on three different computers(2 laptops, 1 desktop)

Could anyone explain why that had happened?

Thanks again.

avr usb rs232

I got one USB scanner/PC interface cable (20-047) from Radioshack. As the other mentioned that it uses a FT chip. It works very good with my DVD player when I backup and upgrade the fireware. It simulate a virtual COM port and send the signal as RS232 signal. I also tried to modify it as a RS485 according to the FT datasheet. Still waiting for time to test. According to me USB-RS232, no problem. I also got a USB-parallel cable, which works for some printer. Tried to use it for my ALTERA's softeware guard. But failed.

Added after 2 minutes:

Try to update driver.

seadolphine2000 said:
It's unbelievable, I bought another one yesterday but didn't work on three different computers(2 laptops, 1 desktop)

Could anyone explain why that had happened?

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.