Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB-SPI - WIRELESS RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickyrb101

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

My aim is to develop a wireless biometric registration system. I have a USB interfaced fingerprint scanning module that I wish to adapt to communicate wirelessly with a PC. My question is really about the feasibility of the project.

I have been envisaging a system that will use a USB-SPI interface such as Hexwax's USB-SPI or ftdi's FT2232C (Somehow). Then use the microchip MRF20J24 module with suitable microcontroller such as PIC18F13K50.

It is my hope that this system could be applied to the PC to Tx./Rx. and to the USB fingerprinting module to create a kind of 'data tunnel'.

I understand that the module must be connected to a host therefore the PIC must act as a master device which is already a prerequisite to interfacing with the MRF24J40.

Im hoping for some experienced advice on the feasibility of the system, critical evaluation welcome.

My chief concern is converting USB-SPI then SPI-USB will data in = data out?

Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back