Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB short circuit Toshiba laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

solo king

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hy.I short circuited my laptop which is a toshiba satellite l450-18p,with a bad usb cable.I have used it for 4-5years with no problems.now all the of usb ports are dead and wifi not working.The funny thing is that the micro sd port is fine,and when I attatch a pen drive or a mouse,a sound is produced(the one for detecting devices),i then receive that message for connecting to a high speed port,then an error pop up.usb device malfunction error.I hear that machines have a protection fuse that can be reset on the motherboard.can someone kindly help me.I also suspect that the usb controller may have fried.if that the case,can someone help me to find it on the motherboard.I can solder a replacement.thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back