Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

usb<-> rs485 <-> usb

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemuri

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
usb rs 485

hello everyone,

i am now working on a project where i need to do a kind of usb expender :
usb mouse connected on card 1 , then convert the signal to rs485 through a cat5 cable (100 meters) then convert to usb again and plug to the pc

i wanted to use the at89c5131 from atmel, but the problem is : i may loose the usb infos (i can only take the data, not the whole transmission)

does anyone know how to convert the usb signals directly to rs485 ?
Does anyone know a better solution ?

thanks a lot

unfortunately i think that won't work, because i need to re convert to usb signals at the end of the rs485 line. I need that because i'll connect a usb Hub at the end. So the tranciever will have to be transparent concerning the usb signals, hence no driver, no enumeration, no endpoint...
anyone knows about maxim's trancievers ? (like max3450e) I'm not sure what they're for.

Thanks a lot

Here is a less professional but effective method:

Go from USB to RS232 using a readymade card. Convert RS232 to rs485 and so the reverse job on the other end.
D.

Status
Not open for further replies.