Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB-RS232 driver software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janeera

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Where can I find the driver software for USB to RS232... The CD I got with the cable doesnt support windows 7....

Its hard to answer without knowing which chip is used by your converter! There are number of clones out there, popular ones being Prolific or FTDI.

If by any chance its a PL2303 you can get drivers here: **broken link removed**

Hope this helps

Posting a picture of the converter or the link where you got it or the name of the chip inside it will help you get better replies and support.
Cheers

Where can I find the driver software for USB to RS232... The CD I got with the cable doesnt support windows 7....

I hate to be Johnny Raincloud, but if your USB-to-RS232 adapter didn't come with a Windows 7 driver, there's a good chance it's not going to work with Windows 7.

After trying several cheap adapters that wouldn't work with Windows 7, I eventually bought a more expensive one from Radio Shack.

Like the others said, though, we need to know which adapter you're using to tell you for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.