Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB Li-ion charger Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guyfrom7up

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This'll be my first time working with lithium batteries, so I want help so that I don't catch my house on fire, that being said I need you guys to help me make a schematic.

Can someone check this schematic for me, I want to use the max1555 chip and the UCC3952 chip because I already have them.

In the end there'll be 2 sets of these chips charging from 1 usb port. The batteries then get boosted up to 5v (hooked in parallel and then using a boost converter) and have an aoutput usb port the same as the input usb (to charge you need a male to male adapter. So basically it's a rechargable USB battery pack that has 1 usb port. It'll have a total of 4800 mAh and have the dimensions of about 3.2"x1.4"x0.7". It'll probably be able to charge a video ipod 4-5 times on one charge.

1 last question: The DC pin of the max chips are internally limited to 300mA, the USB pin of the max chips are limited to 100mA, since 2 would be charging in parallel from 1 usb port can I use the DC pin and each would either get 50mA or 250mA (depending on whether it's a low power or high power usb)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back