Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB ISR problem in C30 compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopintj

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Thirukalukalukundra, Kanchipuram, Tamilnadu, India
Activity points
Hi all.

I hope someone could clear my doubt.

I wrote a simple c program to determine an USB attach interrupt using PIC24FJ256DA206 microcontroller as host and an SD card reader as device. The real problem is, the program doesnt enter into the USB ISR.

I went through the microcontroller's family manual and C30 compiler manual(which i use to compile my program of the same microcontroller). There i found the below controversial aspects.

In uC manual, they have clearly mentioned that USB is one of the interrupt source. But in C30 compiler manual that too in Interrupt section, they dint give any interrupt vector name for USB interrupt source.

For eg. Interrupt vector number of UART1 Transmit interrupt is 12 which is also mentioned in C30 compiler manual's Interrupt section with its name "_U1TXInterrupt"
In the same way, Interrupt vector number of USB Interrupt is 86, which is also mentioned in C30 compiler manual Interrupt section, but the interrupt name is missing.

Would this be the problem that my microcontroller couldn't enter into Interrupt isr even if i connect a usb device?

You'll want to review the USB framework in the Microchip Application library. There's one _USB1Interrupt() for different USB events, e.g. attach. See usb_host.c

Status
Not open for further replies.