Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

usb interfacing with microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovelyrain

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
please i need help to interface my pc with microcontroller using usb . the design is for a multimeter

You need a controller having usb module.
Several controller are there in market.
Try using PIC18F4550 it having usb in built and microchip has also provided the free usb stack for its implementation.

do i need a software on my pc to do d interfacing

Yes, at least a usb to serial driver..

Might I suggest that you use a USB to TTL serial adapter available from eBay for only a few pounds/dollars, these work well provided you do not want very high speed. If you get one of these type modules I recommend that you get a FT232RL type as they have Windows 8 drivers as well as handshaking.

yes pjmelect is right if u using FT232RL then it is the best converter of USB TO UART.

in this configuration u have to code your microcontroller side UART configure and this chip working . please read datasheet to understand how to connect with microcontroller to PC.

BUT IF U WANT TO CONNECT USING USB THEN PIC HAS A PROVIDED MICROCHIP APPLICATION LIBRARY TO USING CDC CLASS .

In any case you need an application on pc side.
My suggestion is that either use usb-hid class or usb-cdc class
First make your usb device using pic and test it with pc.
For usb hid class you can use hid terminal from mikroelektronika and for usb cdc class you can use hyperterminal.
After testing your device move further.
If you use usb hid class then there is a usb hid tempelate in visual basic from which you can develop your own gui.

- - - Updated - - -

http://helmpcb.com/software/usb-hid-template-for-visual-basic-2005

Any sample code pls. I'm not good in programing.
Need PIC18F4550 sample code in C with configuration bits to interface with PC through USB.

sure i'll try & let u all know the result. thanks for the link.

if you wanna implement USB on 18f4550 then use microchip MLA it can help you much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back